I was tagged by Eleanor at her blog BookMarked and would like to say thank you for tagging me. This is the first time I have ever been tagged on my blog and really appreciate being nominated to take part in this award.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
These are the 15 Blogs I Want to Nominate Because I’ve Enjoyed Reading Their Posts:
3. Rare Horror
10. Alec Nevala-Lee
Now it’s time for me to tell you how I started my blog:
Basically, I am a book nerd and video game player. I just recently graduated from college with my Bachelor of Arts degree in Writing for Print and Digital Media with a minor in English Literature. While I was in college, I had started a blog Healthy Body Peace of Mind where I talked about my issues with struggling with heart disease and living a healthy life style. But I didn’t want to continue writing that blog. While I didn’t mind writing about my personal health, I wanted to focus more on the things I love to do: books and video games. As someone who reads books and plays video games on a daily basis, I wanted to write about these experiences and show my readers a diverse blog that could showcase both of my passions. I came up with the name for my blog Vook: Books + Video Games because I wanted to come up with a unique name that combined the words books and video games. And that is how my blog was born.
Advice to those who just started blogging:
Find a topic that you are passionate about and write! Don’t write about something just because it interests you but write about something you have a strong passion for. Focusing your blog on something you care about will make your blog that much more interesting to your readers and will bring out the best writer in you. And let the words come to you. Don’t write because you feel obligated to. Write whenever you feel the words come to you and when you are ready to show what you’ve written to the world. And write in a way that will intrigue and interest your readers in wanting to read more of your posts. That is the best advice I feel like I can give to you because as a new blogger myself, I am still learning and working on making my blog better.